Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lately....

My husband just instructed me that it had been far too long since my last post so I should get my tired butt up and BLOG! So, here I am. I admit, he is right, it has been a while since my last post. I have been doing well. No set backs, cheats, or doubts here. OH, let me talk about my dinner tonight. I am constantly amazed at how easy this way of life is becoming. Earlier today, Lorie and I went to Wegman's. LOVE! Its such a great store, they have anything and everything from a bakery, to a sushi bar, to an amazing vegan section. Anyway, it was there I obtained a 100% whole wheat pizza crust and decided to try out an Eat to Live friendly pizza. At home I put into my Ninja 2 cans of unsalted diced tomatoes, about 1/3 jar of organic unsalted tomato paste, minced garlic, a pile of garlic powder, Ms. Dash's Italian medley, basil, and oregano. Blended this all up, and used it as my sauce. I heated up my wonderful pampered chef pizza stone, and put a tbsp of olive oil and garlic powder onto my crust with a brush. I chopped up a red onion and a green bell pepper for my toppings. I added the sauce, then the veggies, and topped it with nutritional yeast. I was a bit skeptical because we have tried whole wheat crusts before, and they were just disgusting. However, after about 20 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees, it became browned and crispy on the edges. My hubby and I ate the whole thing! It was wonderful! This is def something we will make again. Something else I have been enjoying lately is fresh guacamole with fresh salsa. Actually, I'm not a guac person and have never liked it much, but I have been CRAVING it like crazy since I tried this fresh one at whole foods! I put it into a bowl (about a tbsp of guac mixed with fresh salsa) and spread it onto some 100% whole wheat mini pitas, DELISH!!! Just make sure you dont eat to much guacamole if you do since avacados are high in fat. Yes, good fats, but only needed in moderation.
So, that seems to be all that's going on here right now. I have family coming this weekend and I am a little nervous about eating well while they are here because they love to eat out as much as I do! I am praying for the ability to make good healthy choices! ALSO, tomorrow is my official week 3 end weigh in! Get excited!! I am. I cant wait to see how much I am down! Stay tuned for that. Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment