Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Just another day in paradise...

Right now I just have to LOL at myself. The last couple of days for me have been tough and my frustration and anxiety level have been super high. I really didn't want to drink this freaking smoothie this morning. I wanted to eat southern style biscuits with my babies. Lord have mercy they smelled so good. So this morning as I prepared my green smoothie, I packed the blender way too tight with fruit and veggies (strawberries, blueberries, banana, grapes, kale, spinach and flaxseed with a bit of water). So to get things moving I popped the lid off of the blender to stir things around. Me, being the brain ranger that I am, stuck a plastic IKEA spoon in there. What do you think happened? Spoon got broken up into a million tiny pieces all throughout my smoothie. Great, just freaking great. So here I am, already not wanting to drink this mess, sifting through it with my fingers trying to salvage my breakfast. Lots of emotion running through me right now. Although I am probably drinking bits of plastic this morning all blended up with my delectable breakfast beverage, it actually tastes pretty good right now.
Let me back up to yesterday. I have to say again that the last couple of days have been hard for me. I exercised hard night before last in a hot gym, wearing too many clothes and overheated on the treadmill. I woke up with a killer headache I haven't been able to shake. I felt nauseated all day yesterday. The last thing I wanted to eat was a cold salad. Blahhh!! My buddy Lorie came over after our morning gym workout and let me fix her lunch, too see what the hype was all about. I made her a salad of romaine lettuce, topped with onions, bell peppers, black beans, fresh salsa, and tahini dressing. We also ate the last of my steamed green beans from the previous night topped with tahini dressing. She added some chicken to hers since she isn't going the vegan route. She loooved it! I was so happy! I did feel incredibly full after lunch, as did she!


Later yesterday afternoon, my other buddy Karlee came over and we went for a 3 mile jog. Karlee and I haven't seen much of each other lately since she moved off, so she stayed over for dinner too! I had been excited about making dinner all day because I got a great vegan chili recipe from another blog (www.fatfreevegan.com). I needed to have a hot meal  in the worst kind of way! It turned out great! We ate it over 100% whole wheat brown rice. I used a whole onion and green bell pepper both chopped, a can of black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, frozen corn, a can of diced chilies, a whole jalapeno, cumin, chili powder, and some black pepper. Oh, 2 cans of unsalted diced tomatoes. If you make this, be sure to rinse the beans really well. I let it simmer for a bit, 20-30 minutes and there ya go! It was delish! Karlee and my hubby both ate it and loved it!


I am praying hard today since I am struggling so much. Lorie pointed out to me yesterday that this is the longest she has ever known me to go without eating fast food. 6 days, people! That is flipping SAD! However, this is truly the longest I have ever gone eating well, and without cheating with anything illegal! I have clearly not been able to make this happen for myself alone before, so I am certain that with the help from God and my family and friends I can push through this. My mom tells me the hard times will pass. We shall see.....

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you CAN do this, and yes, the hard days WILL pass!! I am so proud of you and I love you more than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get it girl. Thanks for the bean stuff for dinner. You might need to take Ninja classes. ;)

    ReplyDelete